Spring has arrived, and is in full swing at my house. Many people this time of year are organizing the cabinets, opening the windows, and scrubbing the walls. Nothing truly feels better then being in an clean organized space, so I have complied my favorite ways to get it all together before summer gets here. (You know when summer gets here I am going to be outside)!
- Go Natural! So many cleaners have nasty chemicals. I really enjoy using natural cleaners, especially with pets and being pregnant. It just gives me peace of mind that what I am using isn’t toxic. Plus, I have saw some different research floating around online that might prove that certain natural cleaners are just as effective as the conventional ones. I really like my Thieves household cleaner. I use it for everything. I even dilute it with extra water and spray on my soft surfaces like carpet, pillows, and mattress. Here is some of my other favorites:
- Don’t Underestimate the power of your vacuum! Vacuums are not just for floors! The are great for hard to reach spots too. Many come with attachments that make it great for sucking dust off of ceiling fans, the top of the fridge, window screens, YOU NAME IT! I have been known to use the hose to suck up crud on the counters a time or two. I use my vacuum everyday, but when it comes to deep spring cleaning I am using it for everything. P.S. I have two great danes, and this one works pretty darn good for pet hair.
- Declutter. This is by far my FAVORITE thing to do. Clutter drives me crazy. I hate clutter so much that I shove things in closets and drawers to not look at it until I can deal with it. Do not be like me. I then have disorganized closets, which is another problem. To deal with this I like to daily throw trash away and recycle paper clutter. I also keep a basket in my bedroom closet for when I am doing regular cleaning to put clothes, beauty, and other items household items that can be donated.
- Take it from the TOP. This has been a lesson learned from some ladies I follow on YouTube. Start at the top and work your way down when cleaning. Nothing is worse them freshly mopped floors now covered in dust and crumbs from wiping off the counters. I find myself always doing double to work when I don’t follow this method. Honestly, this was one of those things when I heard it I was like “DUHH”. It never occurred to me to do this, but makes my life easier.
- Give everything a home. This is the most important thing in my house. If things do not have a home I am notorious for throwing it away or shoving it somewhere to never be found again. If you are like me, make sure everything in your house has a home. It makes keeping your home clean easier. If something doesn’t have a “home” figure out if it is worth keeping, tossing, or donating. If you keep it, it needs a home ASAP before it gets shoved in the junk drawer. (Do you see a reoccurring theme? I hide my messes). (:
I hope these tips help you get your home clean and organized for Spring. I use these all of the time to help me keep my home clean. Cleaning can often seem like a chore, but I find that I am enjoying it a little bit more now that I have found some products, tips, and tools to help get the job done. Happy Spring wherever you are!
I have been subscribed to Birchbox for about 2 years now. I have found some really incredible products with them. I have been really been loving 2 of the products I recently received, as well as a few body care items.
- The first item I have really been loving is Chicken Poop Lip Junk! It is a super soft and hydrating. Plus the smell is INCREDIBLE! It has really clean ingredients too. Just avocado oil, jojoba oil, sweet orange essential oil, lavender essential oil, bees wax and vitamin E.
- Another favorite is Malin & Gietz Clarifying Clay Mask. This is a Birchbox find, and I have been really impressed by it. I have had a really busy schedule lately, and my skin has taken a hit from it. This mask has been a really special treat for my skin. The best part about it is how clean, clear, and bright my skin feels after.
- I have always loved my Clarisonic, but as I mentioned above my skin hasn’t been in the best shape. The Clarisonic has changed my skin! I could go on for hours about what a difference it has made, but recently I have been loving it a little extra.
- To go with my Clarisonic, I have been using the Acure Facial Cleansing Gel. This has been mild and gentle and works great with my combo/oily skin. I normally experience dryness and then my skin produces more oil, but this has left me feeling balanced and clean.
- I might be a little bit late to the game, but dry brushing has been on repeat for some time now. I just can’t get enough of it! I love the way it makes my skin feel smooth, and there are tons of benefits. Here is where I read about it!
I hope you give some of these items a try and that you will definitely check out Birch box. I have loved that subscription since it was gifted to me 2 years ago. What are some of your body & skin care favorites?
* All items and companies mentioned are not compensating me in anyways. I genuinely love all of these products and would recommend them to anyone.
“Breakfast is the most important meal of they day”. We have all heard this one, yet sometimes I found myself grabbing processed packaged berry tarts, dry sugary cereals, or even not eating anything at all! None of these breakfast solutions are satisfying and can lead into even worse feelings as the day goes on.
Recently I have been trying to start my morning right with whole natural foods that will keep me feeling fuller longer and will give me energy to last the whole day. When I have some extra time in the morning I love enjoying some hardboiled or fried eggs, Ezekiel Toast with fresh butter, and some fruit.
Although this is a dream breakfast, I usually don’t have time for all of this and need something quick that packs a punch. This is where I turn to smoothies! They are always cool and refreshing, which is a great wake up in the morning. I always have frozen fruit on hand, so it is also convenient and easy to make.
Here is one I make often because it only has 3 ingredients and tastes great!
- 1/2 cup Frozen berries ( I use a frozen berry mix!)
- 1/2 cup Frozen chopped Kale
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of almond or coconut milk (I use a blend like this!)
- Optional: Ice for a more icey like smoothie. I don’t usually add it since my berries and kale are both frozen.
1) Put all of your ingredients in a blender and whirl away to desired consistency!
I love this because it is so simple! The berries are full of antioxidants and the kale is one of the most nutrient dense foods in the world. Your breakfast couldn’t get or taste much better!
*As usual my measurements are approximate. You can always add more or less of these ingredients to suit your taste!
**Psst! Today I linked some awesome milk! I love this brand and really love their products and that is my true honest opinion. This company doesn’t know me or compensate me, I just genuinely love this stuff and want you to know about it too!