During the week, my husband and I are really busy. Both of our jobs keep us from getting at home until 7pm, and that means when we come home we want something that can cook up in 30 minutes or less. Now lasagna may seem like a daunting task after a long work day, but I have some tips to make it easy. You can totally enjoy delicious lasagna on weeknight!!!
PREP! PREP! PREP! It will help you keep weeknight meals quick and easy!
Tip #1:The night before, or even a few days in advance, get some sauce made up. Maybe you have a favorite prepared sauce. Get it ready to go!
Tip #2: If you happen to have more free time the night before, the morning, or even two days before, make it all then. You can totally layer up lasagna and put it in the fridge to keep until you bake it for dinner.
Tip #3: Freeze it! Lasagna freezes really well, and then when you want it again all you have to do is get it out to thaw and pop in the oven. This will originally take some extra work, but it will help you in the future when you’re in a pinch.
Easy Weeknight Lasagna
- 5 cups Meat-Tomato Pasta Sauce (This is about a 45 oz jar)
- 8oz of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 6oz of Sliced Mozzarella Cheese (About 10 slices)
- 8oz of Large Curd Cottage Cheese
- 10oz of Brown Rice Lasagna Pasta
- Start by boiling your lasagna pasta. You’ll want to follow package instruction, but be sure to not cook the pasta all the way through. The pasta will continue to cook once it is in the oven!
- Once the pasta is done and drained. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Get ready to start layering. (:
- Be sure to give your first layer of pasta a nice bed of sauce! Next layer the pasta in an even layer across baking dish. Layer a little more sauce on top of the pasta.
- Now dollop cottage cheese throughout the layer. Add shredded cheese on top of that. Next layer pasta on top of shredded cheese and repeat. Pasta. Sauce. Cottage Cheese. Shredded Cheese. Repeat until you have used all of your pasta.
6. Once you have layered everything up you should have your last layer ending in shredded cheese. On top of the shredded cheese add the remaining sauce and top with sliced cheese. (This is where you could cover and put it in the fridge or freezer to enjoy at a later time!)
7. By now your oven should be to temp and you can put your lasagna in for 30 minutes. When it is done it should be golden and bubbly!
Once it is out of the oven it can be VERY hot, so please let it sit and cool before enjoying! Plus it gives it a chance to firm up and stay together.
Hopefully this helps you enjoy a quick weeknight meal that is delicious! If you try the recipe or any of the tips mentioned tell me about it in the comments below!