Pregnancy has me craving things I would usually tell myself I don’t need on a week night like peanut butter pie. Normally, I would probably settle for a sweet treat we already had at home and make this for a special occasion, but I NEEDED this after I saw the picture on Pinterest.
Let me just say, this was amazing. It literally took no time at all! I kind of didn’t follow the direction in the order they were given, (you should follow them) and it still turned out delicious. Also, It looked nice enough I would serve it to friends. Which is a pretty big deal because I normally make desserts and they turn out totally wrong. Like the time I made cider donuts and they turned into bagels, and didn’t even taste kind of good.
So trust me, if I can make this you can too!
P.S. this is not my recipe. As I mentioned above, I don’t make good dessert usually. I got this recipe from HERE. Her name is Mandy and she has other wonderful recipes you should try!
Without anymore interruptions, here it is: THE BEST PEANUT BUTTER PIE
What you need:
- 1 Oreo pie crust
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 1-3/4 cups Powdered Sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1-¾ cups Peanut Butter
- 20 miniature Reese’s, coarsely chopped (I USED CHOCOLATE CHIPS)
- Peanut Butter, melted (optional)
- Hot fudge topping (optional) (I USED CHOCOLATE SYRUP)
How you make it:
- Using an electric mixer, whip together whipping cream, ¾ cup powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Set aside. (Okay, Here is where I didn’t follow instructions. I made the whipped cream second. You need it for the third step. Make it now. Do not be like me!)
- Cream together cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, and peanut butter.
- Fold in half of the whipped cream.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Top with remaining whipped cream, chopped Reese’s, and peanut butter and hot fudge sauce if desired. (This is where I used chocolate chips and chocolate syrup instead, I think either way it will be amazing!)
- Chill until firm, about 4 hours. Store in the refrigerator. Enjoy! (I chilled mine for about 4 hours, and it was still a bit soft. Mind you it was a hot day and I kept getting into my fridge half way through to start dinner. Ours was much more firm the second day!)