Spring has arrived, and is in full swing at my house. Many people this time of year are organizing the cabinets, opening the windows, and scrubbing the walls. Nothing truly feels better then being in an clean organized space, so I have complied my favorite ways to get it all together before summer gets here. (You know when summer gets here I am going to be outside)!
- Go Natural! So many cleaners have nasty chemicals. I really enjoy using natural cleaners, especially with pets and being pregnant. It just gives me peace of mind that what I am using isn’t toxic. Plus, I have saw some different research floating around online that might prove that certain natural cleaners are just as effective as the conventional ones. I really like my Thieves household cleaner. I use it for everything. I even dilute it with extra water and spray on my soft surfaces like carpet, pillows, and mattress. Here is some of my other favorites:
- Don’t Underestimate the power of your vacuum! Vacuums are not just for floors! The are great for hard to reach spots too. Many come with attachments that make it great for sucking dust off of ceiling fans, the top of the fridge, window screens, YOU NAME IT! I have been known to use the hose to suck up crud on the counters a time or two. I use my vacuum everyday, but when it comes to deep spring cleaning I am using it for everything. P.S. I have two great danes, and this one works pretty darn good for pet hair.
- Declutter. This is by far my FAVORITE thing to do. Clutter drives me crazy. I hate clutter so much that I shove things in closets and drawers to not look at it until I can deal with it. Do not be like me. I then have disorganized closets, which is another problem. To deal with this I like to daily throw trash away and recycle paper clutter. I also keep a basket in my bedroom closet for when I am doing regular cleaning to put clothes, beauty, and other items household items that can be donated.
- Take it from the TOP. This has been a lesson learned from some ladies I follow on YouTube. Start at the top and work your way down when cleaning. Nothing is worse them freshly mopped floors now covered in dust and crumbs from wiping off the counters. I find myself always doing double to work when I don’t follow this method. Honestly, this was one of those things when I heard it I was like “DUHH”. It never occurred to me to do this, but makes my life easier.
- Give everything a home. This is the most important thing in my house. If things do not have a home I am notorious for throwing it away or shoving it somewhere to never be found again. If you are like me, make sure everything in your house has a home. It makes keeping your home clean easier. If something doesn’t have a “home” figure out if it is worth keeping, tossing, or donating. If you keep it, it needs a home ASAP before it gets shoved in the junk drawer. (Do you see a reoccurring theme? I hide my messes). (:
I hope these tips help you get your home clean and organized for Spring. I use these all of the time to help me keep my home clean. Cleaning can often seem like a chore, but I find that I am enjoying it a little bit more now that I have found some products, tips, and tools to help get the job done. Happy Spring wherever you are!